COST Action CA16109
Chemical On-Line cOmpoSition and Source Apportionment of fine aerosoL COLOSSAL
Working Groups and Management Committee Meeting
26-28 Sep 2017, Barcelona, Spain
Residència d’Investigadors del CSIC
(CSIC Residence for Researchers)
Hospital, 64 – 08001 Barcelona
- By plane: the main airport is Barcelona-El Prat.
- By train: the main train station is Barcelona-Sants.
- Aerobus (recommended option): Express bus service between the airport, either terminal 1 (A1 bus line) or terminal 2 (A2 bus line), and the city centre. 5.90 euros for a single ticket. Runs every 5-10 minutes. Takes about 15 minutes to Pl. Espanya and 30 minutes to Pl. Catalunya, from where you will be able to connect with the Metro.
- Train: the RENFE train will take you from Barcelona airport (terminal 2) to the city centre at different stops. Runs every 30 minutes. Journey time is about 25 minutes. You can get off at Barcelona-Sants or Passeig de Gràcia station, from where you can connect with metro
- Metro: metro Line L9S (from both terminals). Change to other metro lines to get to the city center. 4.50 euros for a single ticket. Runs every 7 min. Takes about 60 min to city center.
- Taxi: approx 25-30 euros from the airport to the city centre, around 30 min (depending on traffic).
- The easiest way to reach CSIC Residence for Researchers is by metro. Metro stop: Liceu, Line 3 (green). Alternatively, metro stop Sant Antoni, Line 2 (purple).
- When you reach Liceu, take any exit, all located in La Rambla. From there look for carrer Hospital. You have 5 min walk to the venue.
- If you are coming from the airport by Aerobus, get off at Pl. Catalunya and either walk (about 10 min) or take the metro green line (L3) from there and get off after 1 stop.
- If you are coming from the airport by train (RENFE), you can get off at Barcelona-Sants and take metro L3 from there until Liceu, or you can get off at Passeig de Gràcia and either walk (20 min) or take metro line 3.
- If you are coming from the main train station (Barcelona-Sants), take the metro green line (L3) until Liceu.
- If you are coming from the city center, you can take the metro green line (L3) at any of the stops in the center.
- For further info you can check the urban transports company site (http://www.tmb.cat/en/home).
If you are spending some days and plan to use public transport, you can buy a T-10 card, which includes 10 one-way tickets.
The metro runs daily from 5am to midnight.
You can find all the info on the public transport in Barcelona at http://www.tmb.cat/en/home.
Barcelona has thousands of hotels. You can just google the most suitable for you.
We have two suggestions,
- Residència d’Investigadors CSIC (http://www.resainn.com/accommodation/barcelona/investigadors-residence-hall/) (meeting venue). There are a limited number of rooms. You need to fill a form and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Turin (5 min walking distance from the venue). Also limited number of rooms. Contact them at email@example.com using the reference number 113818.
Barcelona major festivity (La Mercè) is on the 24 Sep. The activities this year are scheduled until 25 Sep evening, hence the city may be busier than usual.
Barcelona is NOT a dangerous city, but pick-pockets are common in the city center. Please take good care of your belongings during your entire stay!!